Saturday, November 12, 2022

What I did on my summer vacation: Medieval Bookbinding Boot Camp

A big thank-you to NSBAG members who made it out to the Central Library on a cold, November night to hear about Jim Croft's Old Ways medieval bookbinding boot camp and sit through 70 slides of vacation snaps and my judiciously documented "medieval face".  I think we can all agree that this vision of loveliness was worth the price of admission.  


Who has the better medieval face?


It was a pleasure to talk about my off-grid, off-line bookbinding adventures with you and I am happy to expound on my experience further to anyone who will listen.  Feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions or you'd like to hear more, especially if you are thinking you might like to attend Jim's workshop one summer.  It was a transformational experience.

As promised, here is a link to Jim and Melody's Old Ways, though if you would like to contact them, it is best to reach them by phone.  And here are a handful of links, some from participants in previous years, to give you more information about making things by hand in the wilds of Idaho: 

Looking forward to getting together again in the new year for making our own book weights.



Submitted by Stephanie Morley


No comments:

Post a Comment